A userscript that sorts comments by reaction
- The userscript adds a block of buttons under the first post.
- The sort block is not visible when an issue has less than 2 reactions.
- Block Avatar:
- The initial avatar shows an up & down arrow to indicate no default reaction or sort is applied.
- Clicking on this avatar will toggle the view of the reaction selection block.
- Once you choose a reaction from the block, it becomes your set preference and the block avatar.
- A small round sort icon will appear in the bottom right corner. Clicking on it will change the sort.
- Clicking on a sort reaction button or avatar sort icon will sort the comments by the selected reaction: "+1", "-1", "laugh", "hooray", "confused" and "heart".
- One extra button is included (speak no evil 🙊 monkey):
- Clicking it will sort the comments using a calculated value based on all reactions for that comment.
- The calculated values are as follows: "👍", "🎉" & "❤️" =
+1; "😄" =
+0.5; "😕" =
-0.5; "👎" =
- The first click applies a descending sort, the second an ascending sort and the third click restores the comment order.
- Comments without a reaction and comments with the same (calculated) number of reactions will be added depending on its original order (stable sort).
- Progressively loaded comments:
- The "load more comments" button will be moved to the top, immediately under the sort block. For easy access.
- New comments are supposed to be included in the sort, but you may need to resort the column anyway. I'll troubleshoot the mutations script and fix this soon.
Hosted with ♥ at GitHub