Just for grins, I created some "tweaks" for Tivo Community Forum web site. I thought someone else might find them useful as well.
- FireFox 59.0.2 with GreaseMonkey 4.3, TamperMonkey 4.6, and ViolentMonkey 2.9.4
- Chrome 65.0 with TamperMonkey 4.5 and 4.6, and ViolentMonkey 2.9.4
- Vivaldi 1.15.1146.5 with TamperMonkey 4.5 and 4.6
While I expect it could work with other browsers and user script engines, I don't know.
What the tweaks are
Preview popup inhibitor
When the mouse cursor hovers over a thread link, a preview of the thread pops up. Mostly that is not only unuseful, but actually covers the text that I am reading because the mouse is inadvertently hovering over a link due to page scrolling.
The preview popup inhibitor may be disabled.
A lot of times it is easier just to press a key than find a target button on the screen and click it (especially when the target button has scrolled off the screen). So I've assigned keys to links.
- T Subscribed threads
- F Subscribed forums
- M Mark current forum read.
- Invokes the "Mark Forums Read" dialog.
- Optionally invoke the mark current forum read action.
- Optionally, jump to a designated page, such as Subscribed Forums, Subscribed Threads, etc., when the mark current forum read action is completed.
- A All forums
- S Spy
- N New Posts
- H Home page of current forum
- U Up a level. Returns to the previous page where the current thread or forum was launched.
- < Previous page
- , Previous page
- > Next page
- . Next page
- G Go to first unread
- When invoked on a page listing forums, opens the first forum with unread messages.
- When invoked on a page listing message threads, opens the first unread thread.
- When invoked on a page inside a message thread, opens up the first unread message.
All hotkey functions are easily bound to any key or disabled entirely.