Better Indeed is a browser userscript to enhance your experience and make your job search on Indeed easier. The small tool gives users the option to remove sponsored postings or postings made by Job Spotter on Indeed. The pagination is also moved to the side. This allows page navigation from the top or bottom of the page as Indeed moves the sidebar on scroll.
Why Use This
Sponsored posts can get annoying when jobs are sorted by date instead of relevance. They'll ignore the sort rule and still show jobs that were posted over 30 days ago. Job Spotter and sponsored posts can still be relevant to the job seeker which is why the options to hide them are toggable.
- Pagination is moved to the sidebar to allow page navigation from any part of the page
- Uses the css display property to make selected job postings toggable
- Left and right arrow keys to navigate pages (keyboard navigation)
- Works logged in or logged out
- Hides sponsored job postings
- Hides Job Spotter postings
- Saves the users option
- Install Violentmonkey (Chrome) or Violentmonkey (Firefox) or Tampermonkey (Safari) or a userscript manager of your choice.
- Open the script in raw view to install it or click the big green install button below.
- Visit Indeed and search for job postings.
- Click the checkboxes at the top of the page to block sponsored postings or Job Spotter postings or both.
Available at GitHub (Better Indeed), Greasy Fork (Better Indeed), and OpenUserJS (Better Indeed).