It is strongly recommended to upgrade to Pandora's inexpensive monthly subscription to support them and receive high quality audio. You can upgrade to Pandora One for free for 24 hours.
This software is for educational use only. Do not use the software in a way that would contravene any music copyright laws. Any information provided by this software is for educational purposes only. No function is implied or in any way guaranteed. There is no explicit or implied warranty on this software or any components.
After installing the script, click the "Freemium" menu in the upper right of Pandora and enable desired features. The menu is shown after you log into Pandora.
- Adds keyboard shortcuts.
- Download tracks directly from Pandora.
- Download artwork when you download a track.
- Option to automatically download tracks when they start playing.
- Search for the currently displayed track on many popular websites using search buttons. The buttons use as much information as possible to find the currently displayed track.
- Play is automatically extended three times (i.e., "I'm Listening" will be handled automatically for you three times).
- Track info is shown in browser window's title bar (station name is used during commercials).
- You can copy lyrics to the clipboard shortly after the song begins playing.
- It's easier to copy the track info to the clipboard.
- The advertisement panel to the right of the player is hidden and the player is centered on the page.
- Audio advertisements are prevented from playing (experimental).
- Video advertisements are skipped when the option is shown (experimental).
- A new menu item is added to the top right of the window called "Freemium" that provides access to the settings of Freemium.
Supported Sites for Search Buttons
- Google Direct Downloads Search
- Guitar Tablature Google Search
- [UP] = Like
- [DOWN] = Dislike
- [P] = Pause/Play
- [T] = Tired of track
- [S] = Search for track
- [D] = Download
- [SHIFT]-[D] = Like and download
- [N] = Next station
- [L] = List digest of tracks played
Built-in Pandora shortcuts
- [RIGHT] = Next track
- [LEFT] = View previous track in play history
3.9.1: Fixed problem getting station name in free Pandora.
3.9.0: Automatically skipping repeated tracks. Showing cover art as icon in window title bar.
3.8.0: Included Hal's scrolling title bar and download icon mods.
3.7.5: Fixed lyrics insertion.
3.7.4: Hid promotional ribbon.
3.7.3: Filtering (Explicit) from filename.
3.7.2: Added ability to save station as part of filename.
3.7.1: Added setting to control insertion of missing lyrics.
3.7.0: Fixed artwork filename issue.
3.6.9: Hiding settings menu on login screen (only showing menu after user is logged in).
3.6.8: Updated settings menu link style to match latest design.
3.6.7: Preventing tracks from being automatically downloaded a second time in a single session.
3.6.6: Migrating to greasyfork.org from userscripts.org
3.6.5: Disabled audio ad blocking in all browsers. I think it was the source of interruptions in audio playback.
3.6.4: Disabled audio ad blocking in webkit (Chrome). It prevented audio ads, but then halted all audio.
3.6.3: Fixed search links.
3.6.2: Added ability to customize filename format for downloaded tracks. Requested by several users.
3.6.1: Changed file extension to CSV for track digest
3.6.0: Added ability to generate digest of tracks played (enable shortcut keys and press L). Suggestion from e56ythh
3.5.2: Prevented shortcut keys from interfering with inputs. Added shortcut key for next station. Added download button glow to indicate download shortcut working.
3.5.1: Fixed problem with forward slash character not being encoded properly which causes downloads to fail. Converting to hyphen.
3.5.0: Added keyboard shortcuts. Suggestion from e56ythh.
3.4.6: Retrieving lyrics from a secondary service when they are missing. Suggestion from JamesTGriffing.
3.4.5: Fixed problem with some characters not being encoded properly which caused downloads to fail. Thanks to e56ythh for reporting the problem.
3.4.4: Added setting to disable analytics.
3.4.3: Added analytics since install counts are broken on userscripts.org.
3.4.2: Added option to download using window.open() for users having trouble with the download attribute, especially Firefox users waiting for blob (used to get around FF's same-origin restriction on download attribute).
3.4.1: Added support for downloading tracks automatically only when liked already. Requested by Fing3rZ.
3.4.0: Added option to automatically skip video ads in free Pandora (once skip option is shown).
3.3.1: Added small delay before automatically downloading tracks to reduce load on browser at start of play and to allow artwork to load.
3.3.0: Added option to download tracks automatically when they start playing. Requested by Fing3rZ.
3.2.0: Blocking audio advertisements. Enable this from the Freemium settings. Original code by Swyter.
3.1.2: Added metadata to support update notifications. Suggested by Anjo1077.
3.1.1: Removed album art overlays that prevented saving artwork by right-clicking images. Requested by mcrandello.
3.1.0: Added TPB search engine and updated a few others. Added ability to customize search engine URLs through settings dialog. Thanks to Timothy Zorn.
3.0.3: Added right-click support to download button. Also adds support for download managers like DownThemAll! (when initiated by right-clicking the Pandora Freemium download button).
3.0.2: Fixed ad hiding in Firefox.
3.0.1: Added GM_addStyle() polyfill to fix script in Firefox.
3.0.0: Removed Freemium drop-down menu and replaced it with a settings dialog. Enabled settings for all features.
2.9.0: Added history to metadata. Added timestamps to auto-continue logging to help debug future issues. Changed version format to standard convention.
2.8.2: Fixed download button. Needs more testing though and I still need to fix other reported issues that have resulted from changes Pandora has recently made.
2.8.1: Minor update to add artwork filename as query string when downloading artwork on older browsers. You'll still need to copy and paste, but this should make it less painful.
2.7.0: Minor code refactoring to make maintaining the search sites easier. Requested by Scuzzball.
2.6.0: Fixed bug that generated garbled filenames when saving. Thanks to Anton Kosterin for the code!
- Using HTML5 download attribute of anchor tags to automatically download track with correct filename in browsers that support the feature. This removes the need to configure your browser to automatically download by content type. Thanks to Christian for bringing the feature to my attention and for supplying code!
- Added an option to download album artwork along with the track. Enable the option under the Freemium menu. In older browsers, the artwork will show up in a new browser tab/window with a cryptic filename. In bleeding edge browsers, latest Chrome & Firefox Nightly as of 2/13/2013, the artwork will automatically download with the correct filename. You may encounter a warning about the page attempting to download multiple items at once. Permit the action and it will remember the permission for future downloads. Thanks to Christian for suggesting the feature and supplying code!
- Free version of Pandora pauses before auto-continue executes for third time.
- Metadata seems to be missing from downloaded audio files. You'll need to use a tool to convert the filename into metadata tags. You could also use a song fingerprinting tool to clean things up.
- Ability to copy lyrics and track info may become disabled after interacting with track navigator. Copying is enabled soon after each song starts playing.
Possible Future Features
- Make clicking on a search button launch a context menu with options for searching by Artist, Song, etc.. The options shown would change based on the search site since some sites only support certain types of searches.
- Allow new search sites to be added by user in the settings panel.
- Allow auto-continue length to be adjusted by user.
- Provide options for a larger player. Options may include: standard, large and fill browser window. The layout for lyrics, song info, and related artists would be responsive to the width of the browser: if wide enough, the sections would be shown side by side instead of stacked vertically.
- Add ability to seek within tracks.