This script is useful for vBulletin4 message boards. It essentially gives you ways to hide threads or ignore users that you don't want to see.
- Ignore individual threads by clicking on "ignore" icon to the left of thread title
- Ignore individual threads by a search string in the thread title (example: add the string "nsfw" into your ignored strings list to hide all threads with "NSFW" in the title.
- Ignore individual authors. This will hide all threads and posts started by that author.
- An options dialog that will allow you to manage your hidden thread preferences.
- A button for temporarily showing hidden threads/posts. You can re-hide them again as well. You can also do this by pressing ALT-Up Arrow.
Huh? Show me.
Chrome Users: You can install this!
You can still install this in Chrome, even though this script isn't in the Web Store. Follow the instructions here. The instructions are for installing a different script, but the rest still applies.
I no longer will update the Chrome script. You can install the older version of this script from below:
Download 2.0.6 for Chrome
Changes in 3.0.0rc5
- Allowed for the dbtech thanks upvote/downvote system to be considered by the post hiding logic. (Rating threshold).
Changes in 3.0.0rc4
- Changed the way I store and retreive settings to be more robust
Changes in 3.0.0rc3
- Styling updated for the options dialog
- Bug fixes
Changes in 3.0.0rc2
- Fixed some defects that arise when pointing to boards with different HTML templates.
- Moved the ignore button to the beginning of the thread so you can always see it.
Changes in 3.0.0rc1
- got it working with firefox only again. i'm going to focus on firefox only going forward--supporting both chrome and firefox took too much effort.
- much better styling for the look and feel. i want this to be a beautiful script. we'll get there someday. :)
- to encourage reviews or donations, i added a donate and review link.
- removed zeptojs from the top of the script, going back to using jquery as a require.
- made changes to make our sandbox a little more comfortable for the script.
- Experimental option, ignore downvotes when in rating threshold mode.
- Author whitelist--don't ignore posts from these authors
- UI updates.
- Fixed bug where there were hotkey conflicts for temporarily hiding threads that conflicted between windows, mac, and linux browsers. now using
alt-up arrow, which looks like a safe key combination to use.
- More ui updates...better look and feel
- Fixed bug where the gray background behind the modal multiplied and multiplied.
Changes in 2.05
- Fixed a bug introduced in 2.04 where enabling the experimental mode made everything break.
Changes in 2.04
- Better looking buttons for showing/hiding threads
- When temporarily showing hidden threads you'll see a green button that will allow you to stop ignoring hidden threads--if they were hidden by thread ID or by thread author. This does not work with threads hidden by title string.
- Added a hotkey for temporarily showing and hiding hidden threads (ALT-H). It's a toggle.