A userscript that allows you to customize GitHub's main navigation bar
- The navigation bars that can be customized separately with this userscript include:
- GitHub's main navigation bar found on the feed, user, organization and all repository pages.
- GitHub's gist subdomain.
- Open the custom navigation settings panel to allow moving of links into or out of the navigation bar by dragging and dropping the links.
- Add new custom links as desired.
- JSON code can be copied from or pasted into this userscript settings panel to make it easy to transfer your custom navigation bar to and from other computers.
- By default, only the icons are shown in the main navigation bar, but text can be included.
The search bar will shrink to a minimum of 200 pixels to allow as many links as possible in the main navigation bar. Beyond that, the right-side menu (notifications, new dropdown and avatar dropdown) will shift down.
- GitHub specific pages (about, blog, business, explore, open-source, personal, and subdomains like
help.github.com) use a different header navigation layout, and are not currently modified by this userscript.
- See the setup instructions & change log here.
GitHub - Before
GitHub - After
Gist - Before
Gist - After
Hosted with ♥ at GitHub